Diamond & Gemstone Brokerage
For centuries, diamonds have been widely known as the universal symbol of eternal love and commitment. Gifting a diamond to express your love and commitment to your partner should be a celebratory and joyous occasion and your emotional purchase should be an experience offering both of you pleasure and happiness. However for the untrained novice, the diamond buying experience can raise hesitancy and indecision.
The growth of diamond and jewellery e-commerce sites over the last decade has provided transparency of diamond pricing and offered information about the 4C’s, Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat weight, the variables governing the value of diamond. With the education readily available, would you be confident and understand the true value of the diamond you are buying?
Let me ask you these questions:
- You are thinking about buying a 1.75 carat cushion shaped diamond with a diameter similar to a 2.00 carat cushion shaped diamond. Do you understand the ideal proportions that make an excellent cut of cushion diamond as Cut grade will not be listed on certificate?
- You have viewed online a GIA certificated diamond with SI1 clarity and considering buying the stone. How do you know if the inclusions impact on the diamond’s brilliance without viewing the stone?
- Do you understand medium blue fluorescence of a diamond and its impact on an H colour diamond?
- How do you know your diamond has been ethically sourced and is compliant with the Kimberley Process?
- What is the store of value in your diamond with the opacity and variance of diamond pricing according to level of retail purchase be it a branded jewellery house, high street retailer or e-commerce site?
- Have you asked your jeweller a specific question re the 4 C’s and not been given a satisfactory answer but sales talk instead?
Choice of Diamonds & Gemstones
Stages of my bespoke service
- Engage with you and discuss your diamond and gemstone requirement
- Diamond tutorial which will offer you education on the 4C’s
- Present a selection of loose GIA certificated diamonds for you to view
- Benefits of each diamond explained in detail
- You will know what diamond is perfect for you and your partner
- Design process for the creation of your bespoke piece of jewellery